Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Book Signing in Big Stone Gap, Virginia

Welcome!

I'd just like to share with you part of the fabulous day Greg and I had in Big Stone Gap, Virginia, yesterday (Saturday, July 27) which was easily one of the best days of my whole life!



First of all, there was the book signing at the June Tolliver House for my first book, Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind.  It was far beyond my expectations.  I am so thankful my first signing was in my old hometown.  There was such an outpouring of support from people I hadn't seen in a long time, both friends and family.

Here are a few highlights of the wonderful book signing in words and pictures:




Judy Samples, president of the June Tolliver House, did a great job coordinating and promoting the book signing.


Greg and me with Patty Cooper, Garnet Gilliam, and Paxton Algyer (who help to make the Tolliver House the success it is) and friend Joyce.


                                                       Another Friend, Tommie


With cousin Stan who always takes time out of his busy schedule to be supportive of family.

  
              With Bobbi Potter who shares her ghostly Tolliver House stories in my book.


Here, I'm with longtime friends, Shelby and son Ked with girlfriend Miranda.  Shelby and Ked are big-time lovers of Halloween.  In fact, fellow blogger Ked even has a really well-done blog devoted to it.  Check it out- http://www.wickedwaysproductions.blogspot.com



I made new friends with Garry, Holly, and Chris of the Black Mountain Paranormal Society.  We'll all be back together for another paranormal event in October which I'll let you know more about in a later blog post.


Nancy Allman and Patty Cooper served wonderful refreshments for everyone's enjoyment who attended the book signing.


I left several signed books with bookmarks in the Tolliver House gift shop.  The books retail for only $12.95.

I'd also like to thank all the other people who stopped by to see Greg and me.  We appreciate all those in the Tolliver House who brought refreshments, who worked in the gift shop, and anyone else who helped make this book-signing a real event! 

A special thanks to all those who contributed to the book and to Glenn Gannaway who wrote a fabulous article in The Post (a local Big Stone Gap newspaper) about the book signing which was greatly responsible for the turnout we had.

F.Y.I.
Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind
(by Becky Arnott)
(Paperback or PDF download)
Fast Pencil Marketplace
http://www.fastpencil.com/marketplace

I have a lot more to share about the day's events, but we're already running long.  I'll just have to save it for next week.

Just click on the link below to see Greg's and my latest photos on iStock:
www.istockphoto.com

Positive thought:  "Change your thoughts and you change your world." -Norman Vincent Peale
Thanks for visiting!  Until next time, Becky

No comments: