Monday, July 15, 2013

"Weather Wisdom" Follow-Up

Welcome!


"Life is like a rainbow.  You need both the sun and the rain to make the colors appear."

"My heart leaps up when I behold A rainbow in the sky:" -William Wordsworth

First of all, thanks to a loyal reader, I'd like to do a follow-up on last week's blog post, "Weather Wisdom."

Patricia from Tennessee emailed me the above picture of a rainbow which is appropriate after all the rain we've had lately.

Also, she had her own rain-related story to tell me.  I enjoyed it so much that I got her permission to share it with you.  I call it "The Pink Tutu."

Patricia was going into a grocery store recently on one of those rainy days when she (in her own words) "noticed a young mother walking into the store with her toddler daughter.  The little girl had on a bright pink tutu with her hair done up in ballerina style.  The mother was struggling to keep the umbrella over child and tutu.  Once inside, the patient mom looked at me and said, 'On a rainy day, one should always wear their pink tutu to the grocery store.' " Patricia went on to say that the mother said that the "little girl had INSISTED on wearing her 'pink tutu and pink tights' to the grocery store."  Apparently, the mother "was too tired from a busy workday to protest."

 I agree with Patricia when she further went on to say that she thought that most children instinctively know how to "celebrate the rain" and "how to rejoice in small blessings."

Thanks, Patricia, for sharing your wonderful photo and story.  We can all learn so much from each other.  I believe you've made our day, rain or shine.

I had another blog post planned and written, but I decided to save it until next week.  At that time, I'll share big news with you about my new paranormal book.

Positive thought: "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true."  -Lyman Frank Baum
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: