Sunday, July 7, 2013

Weather Wisdom

Welcome!

The last few days in Tennessee, we have been through a stormy, rainy spell.  Greg just talked to his brother in North Carolina, and they, too, have been inundated with rain.



I'm a fair-weather person, but I've not let the past few rainy days get me down.  I just make a little extra effort to be happy and more positive by doing some of the things I enjoy like watching funny DVD's, doing puzzles, reading something interesting, talking to or emailing upbeat people, and planning things to do for when the weather gets better.  I also try to stay very busy with my projects and business ventures.

A couple of days ago, I had to get out in the rain to go shopping.  As I was rushing into a store to get out of the drenching rain, I noticed a couple of girls strolling along, talking and laughing, seemingly oblivious to the rain.  I thought that I should be more like that, to try to enjoy every moment, no matter what the weather.  Little unexpected moments like that can be learning experiences for us all.

All this led me to the following positive quotes about the weather which I call "weather wisdom":

"I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains.  One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness."
-Adeline Knapp

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"..Let the rain sing you a lullaby."
-Langston Hughes

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
-John Ruskin

"If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes."  -Mark Twain (This is the same quote my parents used to say to me, except they used the our "Southwest Virginia" area in the place of "New England.")

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."
_Anthony J. D'Angelo

"Just as certain as dawn follows night, the rainy weather will give way to sunshine."
-Becky Arnott


                                         What a difference a day makes!

Positive thought: No matter how bleak everything seems, in time, everything will get better.  Hang in there!  Keep the faith.
Thanks for visiting.  Until next Sunday, Becky





No comments: