Sunday, March 30, 2014

Doing This Can Make Life More Positive

Welcome!

This past week, I've been doing something that has already made life easier and more positive-organizing my life!

"Good order is the foundation of all things."
-Edmund Burke

As a professional organizer, I organize other people's things, but, in the meantime, I noticed that I had been neglecting my own.  It's like the professional groundskeeper who's own yard is in disarray.  I already had an organizing system for myself in place, but it was no longer working as it should.  It needed to be updated, because my life has changed since I'd put the old system in place.  Greg and I have recently had a lot of changes in our lives-a new job for Greg, a new place to live, a new house, new people, a published book for me, and a couple of new business opportunities that I'm presently working on.

With all this change, I needed a new, more efficient way of doing things, hence, I now have a new streamlined system that seems to be working just great.  I have created a new chart, etc. system that helps me stay on track.  I need something like this, because I'm more of a right-brained, creative type of person who can use some structure in my life.

There are structural types of people who like schedules, and there are conceptual types of people who know they have to get something accomplished, but don't use a schedule to do so.  Greg, most of my family members, and I are conceptual types.  (However, we can be very structured when we have to, as the workaday world is, for the most part, very structured.)

For example, I may get a coal jewelry order, and I'll have it done right on time, but I don't work on it the same time every day.  I just work on it whenever I decide to.

What type do you think you are?

Anyway, I'm happier and more positive now since I'm much more organized.  I'm accomplishing more and enjoying life.  Who could ask for anything more?


We're enjoying our beautiful spring here in Tennessee.  We love this tree with all it's blooms in our backyard, but we have no idea what type of tree it is.  If anyone knows, I'd appreciate your letting us know by e-mail.

Positive thought:  "For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned." -Anonymous
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky


No comments: