Sunday, March 16, 2014

Positive St. Patrick's Day!




"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time-a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."
-Author Unknown

My mother always thought that Southwest Virginia, where I grew up, looks a lot like Ireland.  I'll have to agree with that.  That's probably why so many Irish people settled in that region.



Riddle: "What do you get when you cross poison ivy with a four-leaf clover?  A rash of good luck."
-Author Unknown

Positive observation: Spring is just around the corner (on March 20!) , and here's proof in the pictures that I took here in Tennessee a few days ago-



Positive tidbit:
Little tricks I use to make daily "chores" more pleasant:
-I make a game out of doing them, like seeing if I can fit all of the dirty dishes into the dishwasher without them touching each other (except for the flatware). (It's somewhat like working a jigsaw puzzle.)
-I sometimes enjoy singing or saying positive affirmations while I work.
-Brainstorming ideas while working can be a positive thing to do.
-I usually give myself a little reward when I get done.  The reward can range from a pat on the back to watching a DVD according to the difficulty of the activity.
-Even going with the flow and being in a meditative state while working can be beneficial.
(However, at the same time, while doing the above, one needs to be consciously aware of  what what you are doing, for the project to turn out well!)

Positive thought:
"For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way-
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day."
-Author Unknown


Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky





No comments: