Monday, April 25, 2016

Books Worth Looking Into

Welcome!

Lately, I've been reading some pretty helpful, interesting books that I thought you might enjoy knowing about. On this blog post, I'd like to share those with you.*


"...The best (books) should be labeled 'This could change your life.'"-Helen Exley

The first book is one I'm currently reading, "eat dirt," by Dr. Josh Axe.** (Dr. Axe is a doctor of natural medicine and a clinical nutritionist.) My whole life I've had persistent allergies, and this book just may be the answer for which I've been searching for quite a while. The subtitle is "Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems..." According to the book, 80 percent of Dr. Axe's patients do have leaky gut. There is a quiz in the book to see if you have it. With today's toxic environment and people's toxic lifestyles, no wonder so many people are less than well. Dr. Axe gives many helpful suggestions not only in his book, but there is a lot of free info on his website, as well. (We're especially proud of Dr. Axe since he's from Nashville!)

FYI:
www.draxe.com

"I must say I find television very educational. The minute someone turns it on, I go into the library and read a good book."-Groucho Marx

A book that I really like and think is very helpful in my daily living is "Become a Better You." by Joel Osteen. The subtitle is "7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day." In fact, all of Joel's books are very positive and empowering.

FYI:
www.joelosteen.com

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends, they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."
-Charles W. Eliot

Lastly, another book which I recently finished reading is "Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Miracle Health System" by Paul Bragg and Patricia Bragg. I now use many of the helpful suggestions (that I feel are right for me) that are in this book.

They have an interesting website, www.bragg.com

Greg tends to like books with adventure like those by author Clive Cussler.

Sometimes it's fun to go back and reread the books of your childhood, like "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson or "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. And, it would also be neat to read some of the old classics that you never got to read in the past.

"A book is a magical thing that lets you travel to far-away places without leaving your chair."
-Katrina Mayer

"I'm a bookaholic on the road to recovery. Ha, not really. I'm on the road to the bookstore."-Author Unknown

Happy reading!

*Disclaimer: We are all different, and whatever I like and believe is right for me, may not be right for you. Please use your own judgment on these book, etc. suggestions. I'm not responsible for the choices anyone else makes as a result of something that was on any of my blog posts.
**I'm not being compensated in any way by anyone with my book and/or website suggestions.

Positive thought: "Life is an open book full of blank pages. You write the story as you go."-yourbirthdayquotes.com
Thanks for visiting! Until next Monday, Becky

No comments: