Saturday, October 6, 2012

Autumn Apples

Welcome!



Autumn means it's again time for enjoying lucious apples, raw or cooked.  (I think the organic ones are the best.)

It was my cousin Bruce that inspired me to write this blog post.  In September, he brought a raw apple dish to my brother and niece's birthday celebration.  It was so delicious that I asked him where he got the recipe.  He said he found it online at the "Taste of Home" website.  I checked it out.  The recipes looked good, but simple (my type of recipes!).

My mother has a great baked apple recipe that everyone always enjoys at family gatherings.  I don't have that recipe handy, but you can see several of her other original recipes that I put in the Tennessee Cook Book  (See "Becky Arnott" in the index of the book to locate her recipes.) which was published by Golden West Publishers.  There are several great apple recipes of other contributers in there, as well, such as apple cobbler, apple fritters, and apple stack cake, to name a few.

Positive apple thoughts: 
"When life gives you apples, make applesauce." (Unknown)
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." (Proverbs 25:11, KJV)

Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: