Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tea House of the Autumn Moon

Welcome!




Recently, I took my mother to a delightful place in Kingsport for lunch.  It's called Tracy's Tea House.

In a nutshell, my opinion of Tracy's is this:

-The owner, Tracy Law, originally from Taiwan, is a really nice, accommodating hostess/cook who makes you feel right at home.



                                                                         Tracy Law


-The food, from soup to dessert is excellent.  There is an impressive list of teas.
-Mama and I enjoyed soup, salad, and chicken pecan quiche.  The potato soup is among the best I've ever had, and I've eaten a lot of potato soup.












Tracy presented Mama with these sweet rolls with a green candle which represents the continuation and celebration of life.



                                                       Great photo Tracy took of Mama.

-The decor is, for the most part, charmingly Oriental.  Lovely flowers abound, inside and out.
-The sound of sweet, soothing music mingles with the sound of water flowing in the fountain near the entrance.



















-The tea house is available for special occasions like bridal and baby showers, meetings, Bible study, and birthday parties, etc.

Mama and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Tracy's Tea House.  We overheard another customer say to Tracy, as she was leaving, "I'm afraid you've spoiled me.  It's so relaxing.  I love coming here."

Neither Mama nor I could have said it better.

F.Y.I.
Tracy's Tea House
216 Colonial Heights Road
Kingsport, TN 37663
423-239-0080
M-F-11-2
Call for special occasions.

A few years ago, Mama and I were in that same building when it was owned by someone else.  It was a tea room, then, also.  We were with my aunt, helping her celebrate her birthday.  We all had a wonderful time that day, as well.  My aunt is gone now, but my mother and I have our memories and photos to relive that special afternoon that we all spent together at the tea room.

Another special day was earlier this week when Greg and I joined some family members for lunch at a local restaurant in historic Abingdon, Virginia.

Afterwards, we visited the world-famous Barter Theatre where we all enjoyed a matinee performance featuring professional actors. Some famous Barter alumni include Patricia Neal, Earnest Borgnine, Gregory Peck, Larry Linville of "M.A.S.H.", and Wayne Knight of "Jurassic Park."  Be sure and check out the web site below for more info, including how the Barter got its name.



                                                                     Barter Theatre

My father used to take art lessons upstairs in the Barter Theatre building.  He'd talk about how he often overheard the actors rehearsing their lines while he was painting.



                                                              Interior of the Barter


F.Y.I:
http://www.bartertheatre.com/

Positive thought: Make memories with the special people in your life this week.
Thanks for visiting!  Until next time (Sunday, November 13), Becky

No comments: