Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome, Fall!



If you've been reading my blog for the past few weeks, you've probably guessed that I'm very fond of summer.  Each year, I hold on to it as long as I can.  (However, in all honesty, I mostly like summer as long as the weather is nice.  I guess you could call me Nature's fair weather friend!)

Any way, the last couple of years, I have changed my attitude.  I try to appreciate all of the seasons as each has a beauty if its own.  (I decided that life is too short to long for summer until it makes its next appearance.)



Now, each autumn, I take down all remnants of summer in our house and fill our home with the look of fall-brightly colored leaves, flowers, etc.  I've currently got a pretty good collection of fall decorations, whereas, previously, for the most part, I ignored anything pertaining to the autumnal season. Used to, occasionally, I'd maybe bring home one rather small pumpkin I'd found at our local grocer's as my way in participating in a season that I didn't particularly like.













Now, by adding the colors of autumn (which reflects the colorful splender outside), our house has a more cheerful and homey look and feel.



Presently, here in East Tennessee, the leaves barely hint at the magnificent color which will be evident in just a few short weeks.




Autumn, you're growing on me.  We just might even become friends!

Positive thought: Embrace change!  Enjoy all the seasons of life.

Thanks for visiting!  Until next time (Sunday, October 2), Becky

No comments: