Monday, July 11, 2022

"Love Never Fails"

 


I have a very special blog post about two very special people who recently got married. With this marriage, we welcome a new member to our family. (For privacy sake, I'll not tell or show who they are.) 

The wedding was beautiful and charming, but before I discuss it, I'll show what led up to the wedding.

Last summer, Greg and I went to their engagement party at Warehouse 817 in Bristol, Virginia, an event venue, where we enjoyed good company...

and good food, like chocolate-covered strawberries!

Since we'd never before been to an engagement party, this was something very special for us!

FYI- Warehouse 817, 817 State Street, Bristol, Virginia

Then, in the spring, I was invited to a ladies-only bridal shower at the number one restaurant in Bristol (according to Tripadvisor), J Frank.


They had a great buffet.


And, there were some really nice gifts for the bride-to-be!

FYI- J Frank, 412 6th Street, Bristol, Tennessee

Finally, the big day arrived, the day of the wedding...

It was a beautiful ceremony at the elegant wedding venue, Chateau Selah. Heartfelt vows were spoken outside with a breathtaking view of the Appalachian Mountains as a backdrop.

"Love is patient. Love is kind. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."- Corinthians 13:4-8 (These words were the very ones spoken at Greg's and my wedding on an August day many years ago.) 

After the ceremony, we went inside to enjoy refreshments...


and a delicious dinner.


And, for dessert, of course, wedding cake!

I told someone at the wedding that I thought that the newlyweds were soulmates.

"Soulmates...two halves of the same soul joining together in life's journey."- Unknown


"Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."- Melissa Brown


Chateau Selah
Time to go home, for my soulmate awaits.

FYI- Chateau Selah, 525 Gottland Shoals Rd., Blountville, Tennessee

Interesting fact: This wedding day, my cousin and his wife's wedding anniversary, and my mother's birthday were all on the same date, just different years. And, none of it was planned that way!

Positive thought: "Fairy tales do come true!"- Unknown
Thanks for visiting! Until Sunday, July 24, 2022, Becky





No comments: