Sunday, January 2, 2022

Lessons Learned, a Fresh Start

 


As I looked back on my life in 2021, I wondered what lessons I had learned so I could have a fresh start for the new year in 2022.

To begin with, I learned to think for myself, not to take someone else's word for something that may or may not be true, but to search for the truth that is best for me. And, I learned to stand up for what I believe is right. 

I learned a lesson from someone I know who thought she needed a big change in her life- she moved to another state by herself, and she seems to be very happy that she made that move. So, if there's something you think might make you feel happier, and you think it is the right thing to do, go for it! Remember to live your dream!

Just recently, I decided I needed another white poinsettia for decorating, so I went back to the store to get one. However, when I got there, there were no more flowers in the area where I'd gotten the other one. I started thinking that one might be in the clearance area, so I went there, and sure enough, there was a lone flower that had been tossed on a shelf by itself. I couldn't believe my good fortune! I felt like it was waiting there just for me.


White Poinsettia

I learned that sometimes you're given a second chance on things, and if you are supposed to have it, it will be yours.

After we moved to our new house, I decided that I'd really like to have a pie safe for our kitchen. I went to several local stores, antique barns, etc. looking for one, and I even had several people looking, as well, but to no avail. On a treasure map (also known as a vision board) I'd made, I even had a picture of a pie safe, and I looked at that picture every day, wishing for a pie safe. However, I found out that they had become scarce, that there were not many around anymore.

One day, I decided to look online for the pie safe on a site that featured local antiques and furniture. Instead of a pie safe, I saw a pretty cabinet that looked similar to our built-in cabinets in our kitchen. It then dawned on me that something like this cabinet would be much better in our kitchen than a pie safe would have been.


Newly-painted Cabinet 

We went to see the advertised cabinet, and we decided it was perfect for our kitchen. It was a diamond in the rough; it needed some work so we got it at a great price. Greg sanded and painted it, and now we really like it!

The pie safe would not have looked right there at all. Also, pie safes in good condition are very  expensive now. 

Although a pie safe was on my treasure map, and almost all of the things I have on there have manifested, the pie safe was not one of them thanks to a quote I have on the map, "All this or something better now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways with good to all concerned." I'm very thankful for that quote. Sometimes what you think you want is not in your best interest.

It's good to be more spiritual, to look for the good in everyone, to sincerely compliment others, and to make them feel better about themselves. This includes friends, family, and even strangers.



(It's not up to us to hate, disrespect, demean and punish others that we decide are unacceptable. People that do that are setting themselves up for some really bad karma!)

However, it's good to either drop or limit your time with people who are not good for your well-being. We don't need to hate these people, but we do need to take care of ourselves, and to pray for them.

Greg and I have decided that we are only going to allow people into our lives that are kind, supportive, and respectful. Life is too short to do otherwise. We are now going to a beautician who cuts hair well, and is really nice, too. We decided to drop a seamstress who, although she does a good job, seems to have a lot of anger.

Something positive that we are now doing is leaving little papers different places that we visit. These papers have helpful messages on them like website addresses, positive quotes, etc. We do this anonymously, and we hope it's helping others.

Here's a good idea for the new year from Pal's-


Rhonda Byrne, the author of the best selling book, "The Secret," has an important idea for everyone for a better life, to only think of what you want, not what you don't want. Sounds good to me!


Positive thought- We need to look back and try to learn lessons from our lives, and to turn anything we see as negative into something that is positive!
Thanks for visiting! Until Sunday, February 6, 2022, Becky













No comments: