Saturday, June 9, 2018

A Week with No Computer!


Welcome!

I'm glad to be back blogging! I'm almost a week late with my monthly "The Art of Positive Living" blog post because for the first time (And hopefully the last!) our computer crashed due to a power surge, but that's okay because good came from it.

"Every problem has a gift for you in its hands."
-Richard Bach

The good things that came from our computer concern are-

-Greg and I needed a new computer anyway since our other one was six years old! Our new one works really well; it's a great improvement over our old one, so much faster, etc. (Sometimes circumstances force you to change, to get you out of your old rut.)

-Going through any mini-crisis like we did with our computer makes you appreciate people that can help you overcome adversity like computer experts Gary and Lynn who put us back on track. A huge thanks to them!

-I got to connect with some people on the phone rather than just sending them emails.

-Greg and I had more time to do some other things like...


having a picnic in our favorite park on a beautiful day in June, which is my favorite month.

-Also, during this time, since I couldn't find any store-bought shorts that I could use, I just made my own by turning some old jeans that I already had into shorts. However, these are shorts that I'll just wear around the house since I'm certainly not an accomplished seamstress. (This is an understatement!)

I learned the shorts trick from Greg since he's made his own shorts from jeans several times. He's a very thrifty and resourceful guy!

Actually, everyone we know, everyone we encounter, has something valuable to teach us if we just pay attention.

-During this time, since I couldn't use "Microsoft Word," I wrote some chapters of  a new book I started using paper and a pen, so that way I didn't lose any momentum on writing my book which I plan to publish in late summer.

This book is not paranormal like my last book, "Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind." Instead, it's more along the lines of this blog, "The Art of Positive Living." I'll let you know more about it during the next couple of months or so.

My blog post for next month will be delayed for about a week because Greg and I will be involved with a special event in early July. So, I plan to publish my next "The Art of Positive Living" blog post on Monday, July 9 which happens to be the date of my mother's birthday.

May you enjoy the beauty of this special time of year!


Your bench is waiting!

"You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative."
-Johnny Mercer
Thanks for visiting! Until Monday, July 9, 2018, Becky











No comments: