Sunday, June 12, 2016

Support Your Local Artists!

Welcome!

On this blog post, I'd like to discuss a subject near and dear to my heart, the arts!

I dearly love art because I've been around it most of my life. My parents, brother, and two grandmothers all either did art professionally or as a hobby.

As a child, I enjoyed art as a hobby, and I also studied art in school. Later, I started doing art as a profession, as I still do to this day. In fact, I currently have my work for sale in a couple of shops. Also, you can see some of my work at:

www.beckyarnottartist.com

Art can refer not only to painting and drawing, but to sculpture, photography, writing, music, theater, dance, etc. Actually, anything can be thought of as an art, such as "The Art of Positive Living."

"Art is Man's nature. nature is God's art."-James Bailey

Which brings me to the main reason why I'm writing this blog post-


with a sign I hated to see on its door-


I've written about this wonderful shop twice before on this blog:

-The 2/9/13 post-"Wall Candy Has Art, Crafts, Framing"
-The 11/12/13 post-"Welcome to an Artisan's Party"

I'm leaving up the two posts I mentioned above to help the essence of this shop live on, to be an inspiration to others to again have something similar to this. We can only hope that even in a less than ideal economy that people will remember the arts, and to support our local artists, no matter what type they may be.

Even in schools, art seems to be the first to go.

"Man will begin to recover the moment he takes art as seriously as physics, chemistry, or money."-Ernest Levy

No matter what, the right brain will prevail, the arts will triumph!

Even if it's just on a street corner-


Let's let Wall Candy be a positive learning experience for us all. Please, support your local artists, before it's too late!

Positive thought: "As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life."-John Lubbock
Thanks for visiting! Until next weekend, Becky




No comments: