Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bell Buckle, Revisited

Welcome!

Some places are so interesting that you just have to return to them.  Bell Buckle, Tennessee is one of those places.


When Greg asked me what I'd like to do on my actual birthday (My early birthday celebration with my family is on my 2/10/14 blog post.), and without hesitation, I said that I'd like to go back to Bell Buckle.
 (For more about Bell Buckle, please see my 4/28/13 blog post.)

I'm so happy we did get to go back to Bell Buckle because we had a wonderful time, just as we did on our previous visit.

Our first stop was the Bell Buckle Cafe for my birthday dinner for two.

 

After our wonderful meal, we shared a complimentary piece of delicious (birthday) oatmeal cake with caramel sauce.

 

We then strolled around town and looked at some shops.




One of my favorites was Southern Charm...


where I bought myself a pretty little glass potted plant with some of my birthday money.


It fits perfectly on one of our bedside tables where I needed a third object.  (It's always good to have an odd number in arrangements of items.)


  As this ice cream parlor sign shows, R C Colas and Moon Pies are big in Bell Buckle, so much so that  they even have the RC-Moon Pie Festival in June.  We plan to go to that one and maybe more of their several festivals this year.  Should be a lot of fun!


For a small town, they sure do have a lot going on there.  We can't wait to return!

Positive thought:  Do something fun this week to brighten up your winter.
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: