Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thankfulness



          "Thankfulness"
"Sitting here by the fireside
Thoughts crowd into my mind
I am so sheltered and happy
Neither homeless nor sick nor blind.

I have so much to be thankful for
My home, my family, each friend.
So much I take for granted
Numerous things without end.

I want Him to know I'm thankful,
I hardly know how to start
But I feel that nothing can equal
The Thanksgiving in my heart."
-Sally May Bledsoe, age 16

The above poem was written many years ago by my Aunt Sally.  It was sincere, from the heart.  ( Another of Aunt Sally's poems is on my 10/28/13 blog post.)

Greg and I had an early Thanksgiving this year at my brother Nick and his wife Lisa's home, combined with a birthday celebration of two family members, John and R. H., whose birthdays are the same date, 70 years apart.  (What's more, two additional family members share the same November birth date as John and R. H.!  What are the odds of something like that happening?  Life is a real mystery sometimes.)


Positive thought:  May you have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!


Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: