Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Old Curiosity Book Shop

Welcome!

If you'd like to visit a unique book shop that is full of charm and interesting (secondhand and new) books, be sure to visit The Old Curiosity Book Shop in Columbia, Tennessee.


You know you're somewhere different even before you enter the shop, the building with its old façade, and clever name, which is a play on the title of a Charles Dickens novel, "The Old Curiosity Shop."

The uniqueness continues inside with a lovely décor throughout.  While I was there, several people commented on how much they liked the way everything looked.


They also seemed to like the books, as I saw a lady carry out a whole armload of them.


The proprietors, James and Heather Lund, decorated the shop themselves.


                                                                 James Lund


                                                         The Children's Area


Even my books are on display!


I'll like to publicly thank James and Heather for allowing me to have a book signing at their shop yesterday.  I had a great time.  (For more on the book signing and other book-related happenings, please see my other blog, www.spiritphotographs.blogspot.com .)


F.Y.I.
The Old Curiosity Book Shop
12 Public Square
Columbia, TN 38401
931-548-Book (2665)
facebook.com/theoldcuriositybookshop

Positive thought: "He fed his spirit with the bread of books." -Edwin Markham
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

1 comment:

Mike Arnott said...

I look forward to reading your book.

Mike A.