Sunday, March 24, 2013

Every Day Is an Adventure

Welcome!

To me, life seems much more fun and interesting when things are not always the same, day in and day out.  Every day, I try to do something a little bit out of the ordinary.  In fact, I believe every day can actually be an adventure!  (Years ago, I read about someone who had started an adventure club.  I thought having adventures was a great idea, so ever since then I've tried to live an adventurous life.)

Each morning, when I wake up, I have a general plan for the day which includes something that is different.

For instance, I planned to fix a different dish for supper last week.  Asparagus is not one of our favorite foods, but I thought it would add variety to our meals, so I researched a bit and found an easy, but relatively healthy recipe.  I'm certainly no gourmet cook, but Greg and I thought it was pretty good, so I added it to my list of regular menu items.


                                                Asparagus with Lemon Butter Crumbs

Sometimes, however, the day doesn't always go as planned.  Such as, last week, an organizing client called at the last minute and postponed until next week.  I've had to learn to be flexible and go with the flow, so I decided to use that time to go out and take pictures.  It was a beautiful day, the first day of spring, and several trees were in full bloom.  To me, that was a great way to celebrate the arrival of spring.




The adventure can be small or large, but, in my opinion, even a small adventure is better than no adventure.

Here are just a few adventurous ideas:
-Trying a new food in a restaurant
-Visiting somewhere different
-Looking up a new website
-Learning a new skill
-Cleaning out a junk drawer

Bet you could add to this list.

May your life be full of positive adventure.

Positive thought: (I happened upon this fitting saying one day when I was having a bad-hair day.)  "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful". -Annette Funicello
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: