Sunday, March 4, 2012

Favorites

Welcome!

We are all unique beings with our own unique preferences.  (Even animals have preferences for certain foods, etc., as most of us pet owners know, especially if you have a cat!)



We should all give in to the things we love.  We should surround ourselves with the colors, styles, scents, sounds, etc. of which we are most fond.  (Of course, if we live with others, we should honor their preferences, too.)

We need to be ourselves instead of just following the herd.  If a certain style of dress is in, but is not really to our liking, I believe it would be better to save that money for something that we'd much more prefer.

One day, while shopping for a top to wear, I noticed a gorgeous, rather fancy denim jacket on sale that I absolutely loved.  I was tempted to try it on, but I then started wondering what people that I knew would think if I wore something so different from what I usually wear. I tried to dismiss it and went on with my other shopping, but the image of that denim jacket kept popping into my mind.  I decided to go back and to at least try it on, but when I got back to that rack, I noticed it was gone!  I looked everywhere, but to no avail.  I learned a lesson that day.  I vowed to myself that if I saw something I really liked, and it was within my budget, I would get it.  Sometimes you're given only one chance at something, and you'd better take it before it's too late.  Just try to please yourself instead of trying to please others.

I actually do have a built-in gauge that lets me know if something really resonates with my being.  I call the "wow" factor.  If I see or encounter something that I truly love, I immediately react with my whole being while thinking "Wow!"  That's just my intuition's way of prompting me to go in that direction.  I've discovered that if I simply follow my intuition, life goes much smoother. 

Using intuition applies not only to material things, but to really important aspects of our lives as well.  For example, the very first time I met Greg, I had my wow-factor experience.  It does work, for we have been happily married for 28 years!

In the wonderful musical, The Sound of Music, Maria sings about her favorite things, ..."Silver white winters that melt into springs."  (How appropriate for this time of year!)

Here are a few of my favorite things:



                                                     Warm, Sunny Weather



                                                               Beautiful Flowers



                                                    Visiting Interesting Places



                                                   Photographing Interesting Things



                                                                Arts and Crafts



                                                                Celebrations



                                                              Costume Jewelry


Another favorite of mine is "Woman's World" magazine with its positive slant on everything.  And, it's news anyone might use. 

What wows you?

Positive thought: You are special!
Thanks for visiting!  Until next time (Sunday, March 11), Becky

No comments: