Sunday, July 20, 2014

Positive Odds and Ends

Welcome!

I'd like to share with you today what I would call "positive odds and ends," a mixture of different things that happen to be positive.

First of all, I'd like to update last week's blog post (7/11/14) entitled "One Way to Be Happier and More Positive" which was about being happier and more positive by being healthier.

I asked readers to let us know of any more healthy websites, etc. that they might add to the ones I mentioned.  I was happy to hear from our savvy sister-in-law Cris who is an avid health advocate.  Cris sent me an email about the Center of Food Safety (www.centeroffoodsafety.org) that is a wonderful resource for the public.  One recent post concerned GE (genetically engineered) crops, a toxic herbicide, and the EPA.  You might want to check it out.  Thanks, Cris, for the great info!

A couple of other updates that I'd like to add to last week's post are:
(Disclaimer: Greg and I are not health experts.  I am just sharing what we do.  These ideas may or may not be right for you.)
-We don't drink water from plastic bottles as there is controversy about this now.
-We only use soup and veggies from cans with non-BPA lining.

I'd now like to share some positive quotes I came across this week-

"The mind is everything.  What you think you become."
-www.BestMotivationalQuotes.com
"A winner is a dreamer who never gives up."
-Nelson Mandela

"Find joy in the ordinary."
-www.weheartit.com


Photo by Greg Arnott

"Something beautiful is on the horizon."
-www.placeboeffect.com


"I don't have time to be negative."
-Venus Williams
(I love this one because I believe if you stay busy with positive things that you really don't have time for negativity in your life.  I got this from my mother who taught me from her example.)

Speaking of my mother, she just celebrated a big birthday with a party that several of her family and friends attended.  We all had a wonderful time.  Love to my special mother, Jean.


Positive thought: "If you're feeling low, don't despair.  The sun has a sinking spell every night, but it comes back up every morning." -Dolly Parton
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: