Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Visit to Big Stone Gap, Continued

Welcome!

As I said in last Sunday's blog post, we had a great time in Big Stone Gap, Virginia with the book signing for my new paranormal book, Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind

While at the signing, I took another paranormal photo which was witnessed by several other people in the room.  To view that photo, please see the current (Saturday, August 3, 2013) blog post on my "Spirit Photographs" blog.

After the signing, Greg and I met my brother, Nick, next door, for the celebration of  the 50th anniversary of  the Official State Outdoor Drama of Virginia, The Trail of the Lonesome Pine


Nick and I started things off as we sang for the preshow.


The festivities continued with Barbara Polly, President of Lonesome Pine Arts and Crafts, being honored for all her years of service to the June Tolliver House and to the drama.


All those who had participated in the drama sometime during the past 50 years were asked to come up on stage for a group picture.  (They also did this the night before, as the reunion was two nights , so things would not be so overcrowded on one night.)


Then, we all enjoyed the show.

There are a only a couple of weeks left for the drama this year.  Catch it if you can!

Another every day miracle:  A friend that I had been in the drama with in years passed, asked me if I had a photo of her when she was in the drama, in costume, because she had none.  I told her I'd see if I did.  Luckily, I did find one without much effort (which is a miracle in itself, since we have so many photo albums).  I took the photo to a big box store to copy, but before I did, I shopped some, and then I noticed that I couldn't find my buggy anywhere.  It was gone, and the only copy of that special photo was gone with it.  I panicked, but thankfully found a clerk whom I asked to help me find my buggy with the photo in it.  He explained that if someone had taken my buggy, they would generally place any items on a nearby shelf.  I prayed, and asked the angels to please help me find that photo, as I knew it was a longshot to find something like that in a large, busy store like that.  My prayers were indeed answered, for I just happened to glance over to my right, and there on a shelf was my missing photo in the beaten-up manila envelope I'd brought it in, along with my little package of cashews which I'd put in my buggy earlier.  With tears in my eyes, I thanked Tim (who had helped me, as he'd given me his time and moral support), as I gave him a hug.  I told him I'd write about this.  What would we do without people like Tim who are there to help just at the right time?  (I also learned a lesson: Never leave your buggy unattended, especially when there is something valuable, even irreplaceable in it!)

If any of you have an everyday miracle to share, please feel free to let me know, and I might mention it in another blog post.

F.Y.I.
Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind
by Becky Arnott
(Paperback or PDF download)
Fast Pencil Marketplace
http://www.fastpencil.com/marketplace

Positive thought: "Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others."-Booker T. Washington
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: