Saturday, November 11, 2023

"The Importance of Being Thankful"

 

With Thanksgiving Day fast approaching, I started thinking more about the importance of being thankful. Especially during this time of year, I like to contemplate the things in my life for which I am truly grateful. 

One thing that I am feeling thankful for right now is that I'm finally getting to write this blog post! I'm running a bit late with my post since I've been working on a pet portrait which was due yesterday. Just in the nick of time, I finally finished it! It must have been okay, since the ones who commissioned the portrait seemed to love it! Happy! Thankful!

Pastel Portrait of Cute Dog

I even have a thankful journal that I write in at the end of every day. My journal entries range from simple things like being thankful for a beautiful, sunny day or being thankful that I am still able make some calculations using a pencil and paper (I can cypher like Jethro who often does cyphering on one of our favorite television shows, "The Beverly Hillbillies," a '60's American sitcom.) instead of using a calculator.

In my journal, I write about important things, too, like being thankful that the vet's less-than-positive diagnosis for one of our beloved cats has changed- We researched healing our cat. We even contacted a psychic who is a reiki master that did long-distance reiki on her. Greg, who is a natural healer, continues healing her periodically. In addition, we contacted the prayer group at Julie Green Ministries to pray for our fur baby. (FYI- www.jgminternational.org ) 

Doing all of the above seems to be working because she has made a remarkable recovery for which we are truly grateful! (The power of prayer, positive thinking and doing, and being thankful for her healing all worked together for a positive outcome.)

For a better life, author Eldon Taylor says to say, "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." and to smile.

Being thankful is really important since it opens the door for even more wonderful things to come into our lives. In fact, you can be thankful in advance for things you hope to manifest in your life!

We have a pretty painting of a colorful arrangement of vegetables that my father, Bill Botts, did when he first started painting. It hangs in our kitchen, along with a plaque above it, with the word "thankful." These are colorful, everyday reminders for us to always be thankful for our blessings, not just one day a year, but all year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

For a positive memoir about living life in Southern Appalachia, check out Becky's book, "Down Memory Lane" which is on Amazon in both the Kindle and paperback versions. For more information, please see the widget above.

Positive thought: "Try to stay positive, and thankful, and believe that things will get better!" -Becky Arnott

Thanks for visiting! Until Saturday, December 2, 2023, Becky




 

No comments: