Sunday, January 8, 2023

Some Positive Thoughts for the New Year

 


A new year has begun, and I have some positive thoughts for this new year.

I made out some resolutions for 2023, and I imagine many of you have. as well. My resolutions are mostly a continuation of last year's, like to be a positive thinker, feeler, doer, and speaker.

~ "Look at yourself. Love what you see. Go be the 'you' you're meant to be."- Andrew Blackman, Hallmark Writer

I also have some observations about a few things that happened in my life just recently.

During the cold spell that many of us just experienced, we were without water for three days. (It would have been longer, but Greg figured out a couple of solutions. He's, thankfully, very resourceful!) Sometimes an experience like that makes you appreciate the things that we so often take for granted. We feel so much more thankful now for all of our blessings, both large and small.

~ "When life gets sour, sweeten it with gratitude." -Unknown

For several weeks, I wanted a small pendant. I knew what I wanted, but I thought I'd have to travel a long distance to get one, but synchronicity came into play a few days ago when, before going out, I was trying to decide what jewelry I'd wear. I finally decided to wear a gemstone bracelet that I liked, but hadn't worn in a while.

It just happened, while I was out, that a lady noticed my bracelet, and commented on how much she admired it. I told her that I really liked gemstones, and that I needed a gemstone pendant since I had lost one that I loved and had worn a lot. She then told me about a place where I might find one to replace my old one. She referred me to a place in the town where I was visiting at the time, Johnson City, Tennessee. 

The shop was-

I went by the shop that same day since I was already very close to it. Although I didn't find one ready-made, the owner made me one to order right there in the shop in less that ten minutes! I love it! I like it even better than the one I lost!

I felt like I had been guided in the right direction when I needed a new pendant replacement. I feel happy every time I wear it, and I will wear it more than any of my other ones because it was exactly what I wanted to go with most of my outfits. 

Let the helpful people there make your gemstone/jewelry dreams come true. Check it out!

Finally, I was in line recently at the checkout in a small store in a small town when a woman in the front of the line wished the cashier and the others of us in line a happy new year. She seemed positive and very happy. Just being in her presence made you feel uplifted. Although it was after Christmas, it was like she was continuing the Christmas spirit. How wonderful if we could all carry that same spirit throughout the rest of the year!

Greg and I would like to wish you all a very happy 2023!

Positive Thought: ~ "2023 A Year to Be Free and a Year of Great Victory"- jgminternational.org

Thanks for visiting! Until Sunday, January 22, 2023, Becky


No comments: