Tuesday, April 5, 2022

First Mini Blog Post!- "Heroes"

 


This is my first-ever mini blog post. I decided to make some changes. I wanted to write more often, but I really don't have the time to write a full-length post more than once a month, so I thought that a shorter, mini blog post would be the way to go.

I will be writing a mini post every other week. This is my first mini post, but from now on, I'll be posting on Sundays. Please look for my next post on April 17 which is Easter Sunday. The post after that one will be on Sunday, May 1, and so on.

Today's post is about heroes. I got the idea for this post while Greg and I were watching the old 50's television show, "Superman," starring George Reeves. Superman stood for ""Truth, justice, and the American way."


 We really love that show because it has morals. Good always overcomes evil in the show, which is the way it should be in real life. Almost all of the old shows were like that. (We hardly ever watch any of the new shows since they don't, as a rule, support our values.)

Superman was definitely a hero. So, then, what is a hero?

Here are some thoughts about heroes:

"I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people." -Maya Angelou

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -Christopher Reeve

"Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary." -Gerard Way

"I believe a hero is a person who is unafraid to stand up for what is right." -Greg Arnott

A hero might be a person who tries to help and even encourage others.

What is your definition of a hero?

Small Business Feature: Buddy's bar-b-q

-b-

Buddy's bar-b-q is a chain of restaurants in East Tennessee. Besides barbeque, they also have sides, including hush puppies (one of my favorites!), dessert, as well as other delicious items. They even offer Easter meals which you need to order by 4/12/22 this year.


A Carry-out Meal from Buddy's (Which Is Consistently Good!)

FYI: www.buddysbarbq.com

We always try to support small business, and any business that has our values both in the brick-and-mortar stores, as well as online stores.

Positive Thought: "...when you feel like hope is gone, Look inside you and be strong, And you'll finally see the truth That a hero lies in you." -Mariah Carey
Thanks for visiting! Until Sunday, April 17, 2022, Becky 



 



No comments: