Sunday, November 1, 2020

Blessed

 


This is the time of year, the holiday season, that we start thinking about our lives, our blessings, the things for which we are thankful.

Greg and I have a wonderful painting that my father did which to me represents abundance. It hangs in our kitchen to remind us to always be thankful for that which we have, not just once a year, but throughout the whole year.


Original Painting by W. N. Botts

Each morning I begin my day with a special thought of the day. I got the idea from "Woman's World" magazine. The magazine has a featured segment, "7 Days of Inspiration" in which there is a different quote for each day of the week. 

I fixed a permanent sheet that has my favorite "Woman's World" quotes on it. For example, on Sundays, my quote is "Life brings more blessings than anyone could ever count." Throughout the day on Sundays, I often think and say, "I am blessed."

I really like it when someone who has waited on me in a shop or elsewhere says, "Have a blessed day." It makes me feel connected, like we are all one.

Also, I have a friend who ends her emails with, "Blessings," and her name. What a kind, thoughtful way to end an email!

"When I'm worried, And I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep, And I fall asleep, Counting my blessings."-Irving Berlin

You know, we are all so lucky here in the United States of America. What a great country! With the right leadership, we can all flourish and live happy, fulfilling lives. We can be free to be who we were meant to be in a free society.

"Life without liberty is like a body without a spirit."-Kahlil Gibran

My sister-in-law Betty recently told me about a great women's website that is helping America heal. It's- www.womenfightingforamerica.com .

To contact your politician, the website is, www.contactmypolitician.com .

For those living in Virginia, a good website is, www.virginiaconservatives.net .

The really important thing is: GO VOTE!-for freedom, peace of mind, a return to sanity!

An author that has greatly inspired me to live a happier, more blessed life is Rhonda Byrne. I have several of her books, and I'm looking forward to her more recent book that will be released on November 24 of this year. It's entitled, "The Greatest Secret." (There is an audio version, as well.)

Here's an excerpt from the introduction of the book- "This book reveals the greatest discovery a human being can ever make, and show you the way out of negativity, problems, and what you don't want, to a life of permanent happiness and bliss."

It sounds like a winner to me!


Have a blessed, happy Thanksgiving!

Positive thought: "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around."-Willie Nelson
Thanks for visiting! Until Sunday, December 6, 2020, Becky



                                                                                                                                

 




No comments: