Saturday, June 23, 2012

Busy as a Bee

Welcome!





"Busy as a bee" might seem like one of those Southern Appalachian Mountain sayings  (Please see the January 15, 2012 blog post), but actually those words come from Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales."  In any case, they aptly describe the way Greg and I have been the past few months.  It seems as though there are not enough hours in the day!  (Sound familiar?)  Greg is busy with his job, and I have been working on several business projects.

I've been doing quite a bit of organizing lately.










Also, portraits have been keeping me pretty busy.




Not long ago, I put some of my art work in a local arts and crafts shop.





Another project is a book that I've written that will, hopefully, be published soon.  I plan on having another blog in a few weeks devoted to the subject of that book.  (Please stay tuned!)

Although we love what we do and are very busy, we still take time out for rest and fun.  We might sit on our front porch, go to a park, visit somewhere interesting, or go eat out somewhere special.




Positive thought: "Take time to smell the flowers." (Based on the old proverb, "Take time to smell the roses.")




Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: