Saturday, March 5, 2011

First Blog Post

Hi! Welcome to my blog.  I'm Becky B. Arnott, and this is my first post on my new blog.  I was born and raised in Southwest Virginia, but now live in East Tennessee.  Both areas are part of the beautiful Appalachian Mountain range.  I have taught art and English, and am now a professional artist.  I also enjoy writing, and home redesigning.  I sing and act, as well.  In fact, I love all things art!  As a youth, I became  fascinated with art when my grandmother took up painting and encouraged me to do the same.  In fact, my parents and brother also got into the act.  We have all enjoyed doing various types of art as a hobby, and some of us have made it our profession. My husband Greg is even artistic!
"Webster's New Dictionary" defines "art" as the "creation of things of beauty."  Art doesn't have to refer to just paintings, literary works, etc.  It can be applied to virtually anything, of course, including the way we live our lives. With a little work, we can each transform ourselves from a lump of clay into a masterpiece, little by
little, step by step. We are all works in progress.

While I don't pretend to know all the answers, I have, during most of my life, searched for ways to make my time here on earth a little better, happier,and more positive. Therefore, in this blog, I'd like to share wth you some ideas that I have come across in my journey through life that might in some way help you in your life's journey. These ideas will include general tips, recipes, products, etc. that I have found beneficial. Also, I'd like to showcase our wonderful Appalachian Mountain area's very best restaurants, art shops, and other places of interest, as well as a few places outside our region.

For now, I'll have a new post each weekend where I'll discuss various subjects, and then, sometime in the future, on every Wednesday, I'll feature a restaurant of the week.

Next weekend (March 12-13) I'll let you know about an arty little shop that you might really enjoy.

Just click on the link below to see Greg's and my latest photos on iStock:
www.istockphoto.com

Thanks for visiting!   Until next time, Becky

Positive thought : Life isn't just good, it's great!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments: