Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Golden Rule


Welcome!




"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (Matt. 12:35) may seem trite to some, but I believe if we all followed "The Golden Rule," the world would be a much better place!

I personally would steer clear of anyone who didn't respect me or treat me fairly.  This would include gossips, bullies, and other abusers.  For the most part, these are angry, jealous, disturbed individuals who put others down to make themselves feel better.




"Gossiping and lying go hand in hand."- Proverb

"Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you."- Spanish Proverb

"Never spend time with people who don't respect you." -Maori

 These people are not to be hated, but rather forgiven.  I'd send them love and let it go at that.  If you hate others, you are merely hurting yourself.




"If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive." -Mother Teresa

"Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself." -Harriet Nelson





I would surround myself with people who are kind, supportive, and respectful.

I believe if you send out good, positive vibes, you will attract more positive people.

A few days ago, I overheard a woman ask, "Why can't we all just be kind to each other?" I thought how right she was-so simple, yet so profound.




"My religion is very simple.  My religion is kindness."- Dalai Lama




"True religion is the life we lead, not a creed."- Louis Nizer

"The time is always right to do what is right."- Martin Luther King

"Rather than always competing against each other, a far better idea is to work together in a spirit of co-operation."- Becky Arnott




"I will speak ill of no man and speak all the good I know of everybody."- Benjamin Franklin

Featured photo-



                                My Mother's Cat, Angel, Checking Out the Visitors!


Positive thought: Do an act of kindness this week!
Thanks for visiting!  Until next time on a Sunday, Becky





No comments: