Sunday, November 2, 2014

From Negative to Positive

Welcome!


At the risk of sounding negative (on this positive blog post and blog!), I guess you've noticed that there's a lot of negativity in the world, but that doesn't mean it has to be part of your reality!  No matter where you are, you can live a positive life.

My life has not always been so positive.  It's something I've had to cultivate, to try to find the positive in any situation.  I've lived a somewhat unconventional life, and some people have a hard time accepting that, because they want you to conform to the norm, to be like everyone else, to live a cookie-cutter-type of life.  However, when you do that, you're not being true to yourself; you're not being who you really are.

"Life is short; break the rules."
-"Inspiring and Positive Quotes"

I'd like to share with you some random ideas that have helped me be more positive, no matter what is going on in my life:

-Every morning, when I wake up, I say positive affirmations, etc. to start my day off right, such as, "I'm looking forward to this being a fabulous day!"
("One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day."-"Inspiring and Positive Quotes")
-Change your negative thoughts into positive ones.  Instead of thinking what could go wrong, think of what could go right!
-Try to quit reading something negative into something that may not be negative.  For example, instead of thinking that someone didn't respond to your phone call because they hate you, you might discover that something was just wrong with their phone!  (That really happened to someone I know.)
-Overcome any negativity by doing something fun.  Take a cue from children who really seem to spontaneously enjoy life.  Halloween night, before giving out treats, I suddenly decided to dress in costume which is something I hadn't done in a while.  My doing that seemed to make Halloween  more fun for the trick-or-treaters and their parents, as well as for me.
-Instead of thinking you have a crummy life, make a list of all the things for which you're thankful.
-Being out in nature helps Greg and me have happier lives.
-Also, although we have a television, we watch only a few shows that are positive, and that means we never watch the news!
-Read positive things in books, periodicals, and on the Internet.  Also, positive videos are great!
-Be around positive people, for people who are negative toward you can only drag you down.
("Strong people don't put others down...They lift them up."-Michael P. Watson)
-Also good: smiling, laughing, singing, meditating, working on a hobby, etc.  The list of fun, positive things to do is endless.  What's on your list?

Hopefully, if your world has been looking like the picture at the beginning of this blog post (Notice that it is not all dark and bleak!), you can change it to a new picture like the one below-


Check out our latest photos on iStock:
http://www.istockphoto.com/portfolio/rebecca-arnott#10f6e9a3

Positive thought: "If you can change your mind, you can change your life."-William James
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: