Sunday, September 8, 2013

End-of-Summer Beauty

Welcome!

"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather
And autumn's best of cheer."
-Helen Hunt Jackson




I've about decided that this is my favorite time of year.  It's still in my favorite season, but the weather is usually calmer right now than earlier in the summer.  The nights are cooler, and everything seems more peaceful.  Some beautiful flowers, including wildflowers, are in full bloom.

Greg and I had a picnic in a lovely park Labor Day weekend.  Afterwards, we went on a stroll through the park, and I took some pictures along the way.

Here are some of those pictures I'd like to share-









"When summer gathers her robes of glory, and like a dream, glides away."- Sarah Helen Whitman

Positive thought: "There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."- Celia Thaxter
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: