Monday, May 2, 2016

Lessons from the Internet

Welcome!

Isn't the Internet amazing? You can find out almost anything you need to know on the Internet from how to spell certain words, (I use that a lot!) to how to make your own hand cream, to finding out why "Finding Bigfoot" is not on at its scheduled time. It's a big world out there, and the Internet seems to have it covered!


It's truly a great tool to use, when it's working!

The past couple of weeks, ours has been working, when it feels like it!

Our service provider technicians have already been here once, and they gave us a new modem, and said all was well. All was well, for a while! Then, it started acting up again. More technicians are on the way. (Fingers crossed!)

Anyway, I decided to make the best of things, whether it was working or not working. I finally concluded that I needed to be reminded of important life lessons from this lack-of-Internet experience.

First of all (I feel a little bit like Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" when, at the end of the movie, she tells her family what she lessons she learned from her adventure in Oz.)...

-Learn to make the best of whatever curve balls life throws at you . Nothing is perfect. Learn to "go with the flow." Learn to be more flexible.
-Learn to appreciate the things you have instead of taking things for granted.
-"Moderation in all things"-I decided that I was spending way too much time on the Internet, and this was a wake-up call.  Not only did I use it for researching, but for my business, for emailing, for entertainment, etc. We hardly ever watch TV, but the Internet was another story for me!
-During those times when the Internet was down, I caught up on a lot of other things I'd been neglecting. I decided I'd never again let the Internet control my life the way it had been.
-Technology is great in its place, but it's only one facet of life.

It is a big wonderful world out there! Let's all enjoy it now while we can!

Positive thought:
"Life is like a camera:
focus on what's important
capture the good times
& develop from the negatives."
-Author Unknown
Thanks for visiting! Until next Monday, Becky






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Becky! I so enjoyed reading this.