Sunday, July 27, 2014

Love of Photography

Welcome!

Today, I'd like to let you know what I've been really involved with (more than usual) the last couple of months-photography.

As many of you are probably aware, photography has always been a big part of my life.  I've always enjoyed taking pictures, even as a child.  My earliest recollection of taking a picture was at a family get-together on my mother's side of the family when I took a group photo around the age of eight.  (Later, however, after we'd gotten our pictures back from being developed, I was a little upset when I realized that I wasn't in a group photo! I bet that any of you that take a lot of photos have had that happen to you occasionally.)

I come by this love of photography from my father who was an avid photographer when I was little (before he became very involved with art).  I loved being his little model as I posed for his pictures many of which I have, and cherish to this day.


"Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still." 
-Dorothea Lange

Greg and I must have 80 photo albums depicting the events of our lives.  A couple of years ago, I went through those many albums and found all of the paranormal ones and put many of them in my first book, "Photographic Encounters of the Spirit Kind."

That brings me to the reason why I've been so busy with photography lately-I now have over 40 photos ( Greg has some, as well) on a stock photo website, iStockPhoto by Getty Images.  It's taken a lot of work, and I had to jump through hoops to be accepted, but I'm glad to be a part of it for it's a great website.  It's been a slow process getting pictures on there as every photo is carefully checked for quality, etc.  To be discovered by the public, you have to have a lot of pictures on there, and Greg and I are working toward that goal every week.

If you'd like to take a look at the photos we have on there as of now, just click the link below.  Hope you enjoy them!

http://www.istockphoto.com/portfolio/rebecca-arnott#10f6e9a3

Positive thought:  "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." -Confucius
Thanks for visiting!  Until next Sunday, Becky

No comments: