Friday, January 10, 2014

More of My Favorite Things

Welcome!

I just wanted you to know that I have encouraging news, at least here in Tennessee.  Earlier this week, I actually saw a robin in our front yard!  I was so taken aback to see a robin while there was still some snow on the ground that I didn't even think of taking a picture to put on my blog post until it had flown away.  Anyway, we may be in for an early spring!  (Fingers crossed!)

In the meantime, as part of my New Year's resolution to be even more positive in 2014, no matter what the season, I've been thinking about the things that make my life more enjoyable.  The more we think about and enjoy the things that make us happy, the happier and more enjoyable life should be.
I've been thinking about some of my favorite things which I'm going to try to include in my life more often.  (I did a similar blog post on 3/15/13 entitled "A Few of My Favorite Things.")

One thing I really like is tea.  I have just been using tea bags, but someone gave us loose tea as a Christmas gift, and now, I'm really hooked.  Loose tea takes a little more work, but it's worth it!  Some of the flavors are incredibly good.  That little gift opened up a whole new world for me.


A old favorite that I had almost forgotten about is "Ideals."  This is a fantastic magazine that comes out periodically.  Some themes are holidays, home, country, etc.  It is usually in color and consists of poetry, prose, photographs, and art.  I recently rediscovered it when I was trying to think of a Christmas gift that I thought that my mother might enjoy.  I got her a Christmas "Ideals," and she loved it!  We've saved all of our old "Ideals," as they are too pretty to get rid of.  In my spare time, I'm planning on rereading them, as well as buying new ones when they come out.


Greg and I both love old things, like antiques.  We have several antique pieces that were given to us by members of our family.


                                         Our cat, Kallie, seems to love this old basket.

"...I love old things...timeworn and frayed,
Upon whose heart the years have laid
A kindly touch as if to show
The beauty of their inner glow."
-From "Old Things" by Edna Jaques, "Ideals" magazine

Positive thought: "..whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things."  -Philippians 4:8 NKJV
Thanks for visiting!  Until next time, Becky


No comments: